The Truth About Abortion
I have heard a lot of misinformation about abortion, probably because of how controversial and inflammatory the topic is. While I know I will probably receive a considerable backlash, I must state the facts.
- There is absolutely no link between breast cancer (or any kind of cancer) and abortion. The American Cancer Society and the World Health Organization say it over and over again, but I continue to hear pro-life organizations claim it’s true. These false claims were even touted by the Bush administration not too long ago. I urge anyone interested in learning more to read the wiki on the subject.
- While grief is a reasonable feeling that can occur after a miscarriage, the fact is that most women feel relief after a miscarriage.
- Abortion *does not* cause infertility. These claims came after a weak correlation was found between a woman’s access to abortion and her subsequent inability to have children. Studies have found that about 5% of women who obtain abortions are subsequently infertile. While pro-life activists are quick to claim that abortion causes infertility, the more likely claim is that women who are more likely to obtain an abortion are also more likely to have untreated sexually transmitted diseases, and that infertility is a byproduct of late-stage chlamydia or gonorrhea.
- About 1/3 of women will have an abortion before the age of 45.
- Fifty-four per cent of women seeking abortion had been using a contraceptive method during the month of pregnancy. Notably, of these women, the majority reported that they were using inconsistent or incorrect methods. Correct use of contraceptives* is key to preventing pregnancy every time. The other 46% of women had not used a contraceptive method at all during the month they became pregnant.
- Over the past 30 years, abortion rates have been declining. According to a new study released yesterday by the Guttmacher Institute, that decline appears to have bottomed out. This decline is most likely due to the improvement and popularity of birth control.
- It seems that more and more women are having abortions early in their pregnancies, when they are safest.
- There was also a 24 per cent increase in drug-induced abortions.
- While many claim that women who seek abortions are selfish, the most common reasons for obtaining an abortion are very selfless. Some of the reasons given include. (75%) Having a child would interfere with work, school, or the ability to care for dependents (75%) Concern or responsibility for other individuals (75%) Inability to afford another child (50%) Not wanting to be a single parent, or having problems with partner.
- 61% of women who obtained abortions already had children.
The information comes primarily from the Guttmacher Institute. Please visit their website for more information.
Please indicate: The Truth About Abortion | Porn Blood – Best Porn Sites for Primitive Porn in Our Blood